These lenses are not coated.
These lenses are treated with a chemical dye to block out harmful ultra-violet (UV) rays. The maximum protection is UV400nm.
These lenses are coated with a protective coating that increases the abrasion resistance of the lens material. It is strongly recommended that all plastic lenses be hard-coated.
Special type of hard coating that can be tinted with colour dyes. These coating are generally slightly softer than normal coatings applied to plastic lenses.
The Hard Multi-Coat is an integration of 2 types of coatings.
- Hard Coat - to increase the abrasion resistance of the lens
- Anti-Reflection Coat (AR) - to increase the transmittance of the lens and reduce surface reflections
The Steel Coating consists of 3 types of coatings.
- Scratch Resistance - Lenses stay pristine, vision remains clear. Always.
- Ease of Cleaning - Stronger anti-static and hydrophobic properties repel effectively. Makes cleaning effortless.
- Durability and Stability - High performance adhesion layer ensures greater stability to an already proven superior process.